Roasted Garlic Butter
This is so easy to make and it lasts a long time in the frig. There is nothing like the taste of roasted garlic. It is not a strong flavor when it’s roasted. It have a mild sweet flavor and the smell !!! Well, you just have to love garlic to appreciate this wonderful aroma.
Place a dollop on top of your next steak or spread it on sliced bread and enjoy
- 2 heads of Garlic (as large as you can get)
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 cup of soft margarine/butter
- 1 tsp of Parsley flakes
- Aluminum foil
- Pre-heat oven to 400°
- Cut the 2 heads of Garlic in two (across the garlic)
- Place on aluminum foil with cut sides up
- Drizzle the Olive Oil over the cut sides
- Sprinkle with Salt/Pepper
- Pull up all sides of aluminum foil, forming a pocket and making sure all the sides are sealed
- Place the packet in the oven and bake for 30 minutes
- When done, take packet out and open (be careful of the steam) Cool
- Over a large bowl, turn the garlic upside down and just squeeze out the garlic cloves (they will come out very easy at this point because they are soft)
- Smash up the garlic cloves with a fork to make a paste
- Place the cup of soft margarine/butter in with the garlic and mix
- Add the Parsley flakes
- Place in a jar (I used a jelly jar, these jars are wonderful for storing) and refrigerate
This will last for about 3 to 4 weeks in the frig. It goes well with almost anything.
Try a loaf of day old Italian bread, cut into slices about 1 inch thick, rub some garlic butter on both sides and place in a 350 oven for about 15 minutes or until just brown.