White Castle Hamburgers without the Take Out
Are you a lover of White Castle? We stop by there every now and then for a quick bite. They have such a unique taste that a lot of people will not drive by without stopping and ordering these inexpensive small bites.
Let me show you how you can feed a family of four on only 1 lb of hamburger and create a take out meal without leaving home. The kids will love it and it taste just like White Castle Hamburgers
- 1 lb Hamburger (do not use anything leaner than 90%, it makes the hamburger too dry for this recipe)
- 1 small onion (minced)
- 1 Pkg of ready made dinner rolls (pack of 12)
- 1 Garlic Clove (minced)
- 1/2 cup water
- 12 slices of Pepper Jack cheese 2″x2″ (or any other flavor)
- Flatten hamburger out and cut in half lengthwise, then cut each side into 6 pieces. Flatten each piece forming 12- 4″x4″ patty.
- Place onion into a food processor and mince
- Place hamburger patties in a pre-heated skillet and cook on medium/low until they are almost done(about 2 minutes on each side) Salt/Pepper to taste
- Take out and set aside
- Place onions into pan and saute for about 1 minute, add minced garlic and water. Saute for 2 minutes and then return the patties to the skillet. Place the cheese on top of each patty and allow the cheese to just mealt.
- Lay dinner rolls out and slice them forming a bun.
- Lay a hamburger patty on each of the bottom rolls
- Spoon 1/2 tsp of onions on each hamburger
Place these patties on a platter, serve with french fries, salad or whatever side you want. These will not last long!