Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Nuts and Bacon
Now what better side dish would you want with your family’s Thanksgiving Dinner. If you like Cabbage, then you will love these. I usually use the frozen kind, but I found these on sale when we went to Jungle Jim’s in Cincinnati (another great store). Try these for a side dish at your next dinner or for Thanksgiving. The roasting brings out the flavor.
- 2 lb of fresh Brussels Sprouts. 2 packs of Frozen (defrosted) can be used
- 4 strips of bacon
- 1/2 cup shelled walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Sea salt
- Ground pepper
- Wash Brussel sprouts and cut off core and a few leaves from around the sprout.
- Slice in the sprouts in half
- Brown bacon in a large oven proof skillet over medium heat until done. Do not drain
- Add the walnuts and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the Brussel sprouts to the skillet and saute for 3 minutes.
- Take off heat and drizzle the olive oil over the sprouts, salt and pepper
Place in a 400º pre-heated oven for 20 minutes.
Serve hot or warm and enjoy!